Transaction Capital Finance Australia Pty Ltd (ACL 384648) respects and upholds your rights to privacy
protection under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
This policy describes how we manage any personal information we have about you.
2. What personal information about me does Transaction Capital Finance hold?
The information Transaction Capital Finance Australia Pty Ltd collects is regulated by law. Transaction Capital Finance Australia Pty Ltd may hold the following information about you, but is not limited to:
- Name, addresses and telephone number(s) including those previously held
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Occupation and employment status
- Any information you have provided to us during telephone calls that legislation allows us to record
- Information relevant to the assessment or enforcement of claims against you or another person by our clients
- Driving licence numbers and other relevant photo ID reference numbers
- Bank account and Credit Card details
- Default, Judgment, Bankruptcy information
- Proceedings before any tribunals and any ombudsman and their outcomes
3. We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you when you provide information by phone, or through letters sent by you, or when you submit your personal details through our website, fax or email, or through forms sent by us to you to complete.
- From third parties such as our business partners, credit reporting agencies or your representatives and others with whom we may liaise.
- From publicly available sources of information.
4. Information Security and Management
Transaction Capital Finance Australia Pty Ltd is dedicated to keeping the highest quality of information as
well as ensuring that your personal information is stored in a secure manner in compliance with the law.
The personal information that we keep is secured within systems certified as ISO 27001 compliant.
5. What does Transaction Capital Finance Australia Pty Ltd do with my personal information?
We may use personal information about you:
- to verify your identity
- to assist in assessing and enforcing claims against you or third parties
- to provide customer support and meet regulatory requirements
for our internal administration, planning and operations.
- to report to credit-reporting bodies
- to provide to our business partners who support us in our business functions
Transaction Capital Finance Australia Pty Ltd may disclose personal information about you to any person in
the ordinary administration of our business within Australia, South Africa and Fiji such as for data
processing, printing or mailing, recovery of receivables and engaging lawyers to prosecute claims.
Transaction Capital Finance Australia Pty Ltd may also use or disclose information where it is required or
permitted by law to do so.
Personal information that is collected by Transaction Capital Finance Australia Pty Ltd will be used by and
disclosed to Transaction Capital Finance Australia Pty Ltd employees and business partners whose duties
require them to use it for the primary purpose as defined under the Act. Employees that will have access to
your information are trained in the protection and handling of your personal information.
|Credit Bureau||Website||Contact Details|
|Equifax||Equifax.com.au||13 83 32|
|Illion||Dnb.com.au||13 23 33|
|Experian||Experian.com.au||1300 783 6846|
You may request access to personal information we hold about you by writing to the “Privacy Officer” at the address below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access it.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you
may request amendment of it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree
that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Any questions about this policy, or any complaint regarding treatment of your privacy by Transaction Capital Finance Australia Pty Ltd, should also be made in writing to the Privacy Officer at
firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following address:
The Privacy Officer
Transaction Capital Finance Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 13243
MELBOURNE VIC 8010
If you are not happy with the response we have provided, you can make a complaint to the Office of the
Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) by calling 1300 363 992, online by visiting their website, or by writing to the OAIC at GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW, 2001.
7. Disposal of Information
Transaction Capital Finance Australia Pty Ltd retains any information gathered for a minimum of 7 years.
However, this information may be retained for a longer period as is necessary for our business practices and for ongoing record management.
Transaction Capital Finance Australia Pty Ltd is a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority’s External Dispute Resolution Scheme.
We would appreciate if you would first allow us the opportunity to resolve the complaint through our
Internal Dispute Resolution Scheme. You can contact our complaints officer directly via the following details:
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 13243
Melbourne VIC 8010
If you are not satisfied with our Internal Dispute Resolution, you can contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) on their details below:
Phone: 1800 931 678
In this policy “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act 1988. We may change this policy from time to time. Although we intend to observe this policy at all times, from time to time we may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside the policy. Transaction Capital Finance Australia Pty Ltd may do so, subject only to any other applicable contractual rights you have and any statutory rights you have under the Privacy Act or other applicable legislation.